The survey was an effort to get a sense of the state of digital preservation practice and understand more about what capacity exists for organizations and professionals to effectively preserve digital content.
The most significant takeaways are:
- an overwhelming expression of concern that respondents ensure their digital content is accessible for 10 or more years (84%),
- evidence of a strong commitment to support employee training opportunities (83%).
- a substantial increase across all organizations in paid full-time or part-time professional staff with practitioner experience (13%)
- reformatted material digitized from collections already held (83%),
- born-digital content created by and for your organization trails close behind (76.4%).
- deposited digital materials managed for other individuals or institutions (45%).